I came across these questions here and thought it would be fun to answer them in a post. Some are a bit abstract but I’ve tried to answer from the heart…
1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? 25
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? NOT TRYING
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? FEAR
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? PROBABLY :(
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? HUMAN GREED
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? SOMETHING CREATIVE, CANT DECIDE
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? TRYING TO DO WHAT I BELIVE IN!
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I’D WORRY LESS AND TAKE MORE CHANCES
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? I TRY TO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN – DOESN’T ALWAYS WORK OUT BUT I BELIEVE IN FATE TOO
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? BOTH?
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? I’D PROBABLY SAY SOMETHING TO DEFEND HER BUT IT WOULDN’T BE AN ATTACK
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? THAT YOU HAVE TO SHOW YOURSELF LOVE, KINDNESS AND RESPECT BEFORE OTHERS WILL DO THE SAME
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? DEPENDS ON WHAT CRIME I’D HAVE TO COMMIT, BUT PROBABLY, YES
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? YES, IN A LOT OF MY FRIENDS, HAHA!
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? I DON’T KNOW, THERE MUST BE LOTS OF THINGS
16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? OBVIOUS – WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? WOW! THERE ARE LOTS OF THINGS – IT’S MOSTLY MONEY AND TIME THAT HOLD ME BACK…
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? YES, ANGER
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? NOWHERE IN PARTICULAR BUT SOMEWHERE NEAR THE SEA. WOULD LOVE TO TRY LIVING IN THE USA.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? HAHA, NO, I’M PRETTY PATIENT IN LIFTS
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? I AM A WORRIED GENIUS, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!
22. Why are you, you? CANT ANSWER THIS REALLY, TOO MUCH TO SAY AND YET I CANT FIGURE OUT WHERE TO BEGIN…
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? MOSTLY, I COULD PROBABLY BE BETTER IN SOME ASPECTS
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? DOES IT MATTER, IF THEY ARE REALLY ‘A GOOD FRIEND’ WOULD YOU NOT HAVE THE KIND OF FRIENDSHIP WHERE YOU CAN JUST PICK UP WHERE YOU LEFT OFF DESPITE TIME/DISTANCE?
25. What are you most grateful for? MY HUSBAND AND BABY GIRL!
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? ARGH – IMPOSSIBLE TO CHOOSE!?
27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? YES
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? NO, TOUCH WOOD – MY GREATEST FEAR IS SOMETHING BAD HAPPENING TO MY CHILD
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? I REMEMBER MOMENTS IN MY PAST THAT REALLY SCARRED ME, AND YES, I DO THINK THEY MATTER. SOMETIMES THERE ARE SMALL THINGS THAT ARE EASY TO GET OVER AND FORGET BUT THE BIGGER ONES ARE IMPRINTED ON YOUR HEART AND DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO WHO YOU ARE…
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? MOMENTS WITH MY BELOVED DOG, RUFUS – HE WAS MY BEST FRIEND AND I STILL MISS HIM NOW
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? WHEN I BEGAN FREELANCING, WHEN I BECAME A WIFE AND A MOTHER!
32. If not now, then when? BRILLIANT – ONE OF MY FAVOURITE SAYINGS/INSPIRATIONS!
33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? HMMMM….
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? NOT REALLY, BUT I DO HAVE FRIENDSHIPS WHERE WE DONT NEED TO COMMUNICATE MUCH WITHIN EACH OTHERS COMPANY TO BE CONTENT
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? I DON’T KNOW, IT DOES MAKE ME SAD THOUGH :(
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? IT’S SO SUBJECTIVE, ISN’T IT?!
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? FOR SURE!
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? THE LATTER – I LIKE TO KEEP BUSY AND WORK BEST UNDER PRESSURE
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? NOT TODAY, BUT SOMETIMES I DO FEEL THAT WAY…
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? EEK! A LONG TIME AGO… I’M AFRAID OF THE DARK YOU SEE….
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? I WOULD SPEND IT WITH MY HUBBY AND BABY :(
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? NOT REALLY – THERE ARE EASIER WAYS TO BOOST YOUR CONFIDENCE AND I’D NEVER GIVE UP TIME WITH MY FAMILY FOR THE SUPERFICIALITY OF LOOKS AND FAME
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? TO LOVE AND BE LOVED
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? I THINK AS YOU GET OLDER YOU REALISE THAT IT’S ‘NOW OR NEVER’ SO RISK-TAKING INCREASES RELATIVELY!
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? SO TRUE – BUT NO ONE LIKES TO FAIL
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? EVERYBODY JUDGES ALL THE TIME SO WHAT’S THE POINT IN TRYING TO CHANGE SOMETHING – I THINK ITS IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO FOLLOW OUR OWN PATH IN LIFE REGARDLESS OF WHAT OTHERS THINK (I JUST WISH I WOULD REMEMBER THAT MORE OFTEN!)
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? OFTEN, I HAVE A COMPLEX ABOUT BREATHING LOUDLY EVEN THOUGH I DON’T DO IT!
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? I WEAR MY HEART ON MY SLEEVE, I OPENLY EXPRESS MY FEELINGS ABOUT EVERYTHING/EVERYONE THAT I LOVE – IT CHOPS AND CHANGES ;)
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? I WILL PROBABLY, BECAUSE YESTERDAY I WAS REUNITED WITH MY HUSBAND AFTER A LONG TIME APART (6 WEEKS – LONGEST WE’VE EVER BEEN AWAY FROM EACH OTHER) – HIS ARRIVAL BEGINS THE NEXT CHAPTER OF OUR LIVES BACK IN SA!
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? I REALLY DO TRY TO MAKE THEM FOR MYSELF AND TO BE POSITIVE – LETS SEE HOW IT GOES!