HEALTHY, EASY and DELICIOUS – Lulu and I tried this amazing Spinach & Feta Frittata recipe for dins this eve – The Bird LIKES!
Ingredients (Serves 2 to 3)
- 225 g fresh young spinach
- 6 eggs
- 4 tbsp semi skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 125 g feta cheese, roughly chopped
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- freshly grated nutmeg
2. Whisk together the eggs, milk, seasoning and nutmeg. Heat the oil in a large, nonstick frying pan. Add the spinach and cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally for 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in the beaten egg mixture, sprinkle on the cheese and cook for 4 minutes or until the bottom is just set.
3. Transfer to a preheated grill and cook for a further 4 to 5 minutes or until just firm to the touch.
WE ADDED: some leftover chopped up roasted red peppers and onion, mushrooms and vine tomatoes to add extra flavour and colour. Drop these in the pan when you are cooking your spinach, before pouring the egg in…
SERVE WITH: a nice crusty bread and/or salad…